If you live in Central Virginia and would like to learn to play acoustic music, you're in luck! Our area is a hub of musicians, venues, music stores, festivals, and historical events and reenactments.
I am a performer and teacher of traditional acoustic folk music in the Charlottesville, Virginia area. I teach fiddle, banjo, guitar, and mandolin, and play in long-standing local band Uncle Henry’s Favorites; also the Albemarle Ramblers and the Sugar Hollow Trio. My work through the Charlottesville Friends of Old-Time Music (CFOOT) brings traditional acoustic music to a wider audience.
Contact me today if you'd like to learn an instrument or if you have a question about traditional music.
• Musical Performances and Private Lessons
• Solo performances of traditional string music, played on fiddle, banjo, guitar, and hammered dulcimer
• Duets with Ellen Vigour (mandolin and guitar)
• Personalized instruction on guitar, fiddle, banjo, mandolin, and hammered dulcimer.
• Instruction in music theory, arranging, music reading and writing, and music performance
• Music proofreading, editing and transcription